Bad Transmission Problem – How To Sell My Car With Broken Transmission?
It’s the most complicated system in your vehicle. Combining hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical operations, it’s a miracle that transmission can function at all. Just one small defect in one tiny aspect of your car’s gearbox can lead to transmission problems, and you’re sunk. If you’re looking to sell your bad transmission car though, you can calculate the value online pretty quickly. Otherwise, read on to see your options
Usually, you don’t have to worry about manual transmissions. But automatic transmission problems and solutions are costly, to say the least. Even the slightest concern could cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to correct. And typically, once you experience the first symptoms of transmission problems, the damage is already done.
Signs of Transmission Problems
Do you know what signs of transmission problems might be? They can vary, depending on what’s happening in your own car. Here are a few common transmission problems you could have:
- Shift flaring. It feels a sudden and unexpected engine rev-up when your transmission changes gears, often caused by worn clutches or fluid pressure problems.
- Burnt transmission fluid smell. When clutches burn out or there are internal friction issues in the transmission, the fluid gets a pungent charred smell.
- Slipping gears. As you drive, your engine RPMs are going up quickly but your speed is barely increasing. Or, you might inexplicably start slowing down.
- Clunking, rattling or whistling noise underneath. Something’s loose in the tranny – it could be anything.
- Delayed gear engagement. You shift into drive and hit the gas, but nothing happens for a few seconds. It finally slams into gear. It’s usually a fluid pressure problem inside or low transmission fluid.
- Most transmission problems can be repaired, even though they are expensive. Even transmission cooler hoses or a transmission pan gasket can be several hundred dollars to fix up.
Most transmission problems can be repaired, even though the costs of transmission repair and replacement are expensive. Even transmission cooler hoses or a transmission pan gasket can be several hundred dollars to fix up. More involved repairs could easily be $1,000 or more, like replacing a faulty valve body, and we’re not even talking about a transmission rebuild!
Signs of Transmission Failure
Sometimes, you know the transmission has packed it in. That’s when repair costs grow exponentially. These are a few signs of transmission failure:
- No gear engagement. Whether it’s the drive, reverse, or both, your car won’t go into gear.
- Huge puddle underneath. We’re talking a gallon of fluid. There could be a hole in the transmission case.
- Knocking noise that varies by speed. It’s possible there’s a part inside the transmission that’s ready to let loose.
For these signs of transmission failure, you’ll probably need either your transmission rebuilt or replaced. That’s going to come with a hefty price tag – expect $1000 to $5000, and it could be more.
How can I get a quote for my car with a broken transmission instantly?
It’s simple and free cash for cars process… click here to get started and find out how much your vehicle with the broken or bad transmission is worth!
Common Transmission Problems
What could cause your transmission problems? Often it comes down to three things, all of which are preventable.
- Lack of proper maintenance is the leading cause of transmission problems. Simply following your vehicle’s maintenance schedule will prevent most transmission issues from ever happening.
- Abuse is another possibility. Driving a car very hard could cause internal damage in transmission. The best way to prevent it? Drive Responsibly.
- Fluid leaks are another easily-addressed concern. If you see red fluid leaking from the front of your car, get it fixed to avoid some of the most expensive repairs you can imagine.
Should I Sell My Car?
Now you have transmission issues, and you want to know how to deal with it. Can’t afford to fix it, or don’t think your car is worth it? Maybe you should sell your car instead. But you can’t expect that your car is going to maintain its value very well at all. The trade-in value of a non-running car isn’t very high. Since dealers don’t want to deal with a car that doesn’t work.
How Much is a Car Worth Without Transmission Repairs Done?
Logic might say that your car’s value has dropped about as much as the transmission repair will cost. But that’s not the case – it’s worse. See, most car buyers want to test drive the car they buy, and with a broken-down vehicle, they can’t. That also means they can’t tell how well the car performs otherwise. Since they don’t know what else is wrong, their offer will be even less.
Here’s a rough idea for you: if your car is worth $10000 before your transmission troubles and transmission repairs are around $2500, expect to lose about double the cost of the repairs – your car is probably worth around $4000 to $5000.
Selling a Car with a Bad Transmission – How To Sell My Car With Broken Transmission?
But in addition to the hit you’ll take to your car’s value is the trouble you’ll have selling it. Again, it can’t be driven so there aren’t many people willing to buy it. They’d rather spend a little extra for a car that’s roadworthy right now.
Trade-In Value of a Car with Bad Transmission
Even if your car is newer, trading in a car with problems is not the best choice, particularly when you have transmission issues. While a dealership has the resources to get it fixed up, it’s usually not worth their time or effort unless they get a really good deal. That means your trade-in value will probably make you cry, and not tears of joy.
Can You Trade In a Car with Transmission Problems?
How To Sell My Car With Broken Transmission? Your vehicle starts and runs but it doesn’t drive? It could be a transmission problem. Can you trade in a car with a bad transmission? In many cases, you can. Dealerships are often equipped to fix the problem, but it’s going to cost you on your trade valuation.
Because your car doesn’t drive – or at least, doesn’t drive well – the dealer can’t be sure of the rest of your car’s condition. They’ll play it safe and pay you a penance for your car with transmission problems.
Selling A Car or Truck for Cash with Transmission Troubles – How To Sell My Car With Broken Transmission?
There’s a better option if you decide to sell your car without fixing the transmission problems. Melbourne VIP Cash For Cars deals with all kinds of cars – cars with mechanical issues, scrap cars, damaged cars, cars with transmission issues, and cars for scrap, just to name a few. It’s as easy as can be. Simply request an online quote for your vehicle. You’ll receive a no-obligation cash offer for your car in as-is condition. Like the offer? Accept it and get paid in just 24 to 48 hours. We’ll even pick up your car from wherever it is, no cost to you.
Contact us at
Melbourne VIP Cash For Cars
Unit 3/2 Lace St
Eumemmerring VIC 3177
(03) 9067 7578